- New charity aims to help better educate men in relation to the prevention, detection and treatment of illnesses
- The Tony Fenton Golf Classic is calling on sponsors and participants to get involved to help funds and awareness in the name of ‘The Dude’
26 July 2017
The Tony Fenton Foundation (TFF) will formally launch on the 22nd of September 2017 at the inaugural ‘Tony Fenton Golf Classic’ event at the luxurious Carton House, Maynooth, Co. Kildare. The charity has been established to raise funds and awareness in relation to men’s health in Ireland and to better educate men on the prevention, detection and treatment of illness.
Legendary Irish DJ, Tony Fenton passed away on the 12th of March 2015, after a five-year battle with cancer. One of Tony’s greatest legacies was to speak out publicly about his own cancer, the fear, the sadness & the worry. In doing so, he inspired many to start their own conversations, empowering them to prevent, detect & treat illnesses of all kinds.
‘The Tony Fenton Golf Classic’ will consist of a ‘ten hole’ game of golf with the tenth taking place in the Carton House Clubhouse. Entertainment on the day will be provided by renowned musician and friend of Tony, Paul Harrington with a number of special guests and Emcee to be announced.
Golfers of all handicaps are welcome and non-golfers are also encouraged to participate in what will be an entertaining day in honour of the ‘The Dude’. Those who wish to practice on the Carton House putting green will also be accommodated. In advance of the event, organisers are seeking sponsors for tee boxes and greens.
A four-ball outing and three course dinner at Carton House restaurant is priced at €1,000. Tickets for the three course dinner with wine and pre dinner drinks reception, exclusive of golf are priced at €150 per person with all funds raised on the day going to The Tony Fenton Foundation.
The foundation which aims to facilitate honest, positive & straightforward conversations around men’s health at community level, is calling on golfers to get together to raise funds to help better educate men and #GetAGrip in relation to the prevention, detection and treatment of all kinds of illness.
- Date: 22nd September 2017
- Tee Time: 3.30pm
- Clubhouse: 5.30pm with live music entertainment
- Dinner: Three course dinner with wine and pre dinner drinks reception at 7.00pm with entertainment by Paul Harrington plus special guests
- Golf and dinner tickets: ‘Ten holes’ of golf with dinner – €1,000 (per team of four)
- Dinner tickets: Individual dinner ticket (No Golf) – €150
- Sponsor a Tee Box: €150
To book your ticket, email: email@example.com
Carton House is offering a special room rate for those who wish to stay over.
Contact hotel for details.
Tags: 'Golf Classic'